Overtone Analyzer is a software application for recording and exploring sound , especially the sound of the voice and of musical instruments . It helps to visualize, measure and understand three main aspects of your sound:
- What pitch am I singing or playing?
- Is my instrument in tune?
- How is my vibrato?
- How strong are the different harmonics / overtones?
- How is my resonance?
- What are the relations between the physiology of the voice, the physics of sound, and the theory of music?
- How does my sound change over time?
- How does my voice develop, and what progress have I made?
- How do different recordings look and sound in comparison?